Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Answer to Monday's Riddle: Great Gobs of Goo!

Excellent guessing, Riddlers! This week, we're slinging slime. Friday, we'll dive into a story for National Read Across America Day, so stay tuned! See you all around the book block. ; ) ~ F

Here's a recipe for fun! Mix three ingredients into one: 
First, thicken the pot with maize; a substance that stirs up a craze. 
Then, drop two H's and an O; the concoction's almost ready to go. 
Lastly, spill color into the brew, whichever you'd like- red, green or blue! 
A Newtonian rebel you shall be, breaking rules of viscosity.

What am I referring to? Answer: Oobleck

Make time to riddle and rhyme!

62 original riddles and illustrations
Available in all e-book formats

13 comments:

  1. Well done ... I'd have not known being a Brit and not being into Dr Seuss ... but clever riddling - I do remember making flour paste as a kid ... gungie ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I have never heard of this.

    I'm dating myself here but this reminds me of when I was a kid and did the crafts along with Captain Kangaroo lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely riddle, I don't think I would have got this one. Fun stuff to play with though. Have a wonderful rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a slime or goo fan, but it was a fun riddle. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I was sorta there, maybe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of oobleck before. After googling it, it sounds fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to make that with my 2nd graders for Wacky Scientist Day! The maize threw me...of course I did not connect it to corn...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a fun riddle! Well done! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never heard that word before, haha :D But slime is slime, I think ;) Lovely riddle. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, this is new to me. I learn so much from your riddles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We love to hear your thoughts! We had to turn on comment moderation due to a high volume of spam. Fairday's Blog is no longer accepting awards. We appreciate all the nominations that we have received and are honored to have been mentioned! Happy Reading!

Twitter Bird Gadget Twitter Bird Gadget